April 05, 2005

My life could never be a movie

Who knew peanut butter on whole wheat toast could be good? Not I! Normally I am the "oh look a loaf of white bread for eighty nine cents" girl, but today as I am not in my own house (GK and I are spending a few days at his house) I had to.... improvise... when my stomach shouted at me "Hey! Snack Time!" Normally when my stomach demands snacks I reach for the closest bag of chips. In GK's house this is usually do-able because his family are chip eaters too, but today all the chip bags seemed to be down to their last handfulls. I just will not eat the last handfull of a bag of chips in somebody else's house..... unless I bought the bag myself. It's that company manners thing I was raised with. So kiddies, I know the blog hasn't really been all that exciting lately. Here is what has gone on as of late in Erinland: Last Friday we went to see Sin City. I have vague memories of A Dame To Kill For because of a hideous stage show one of my fellow theater majors tried to put together (yes, he tried to do a stage adaptation of A Dame To Kill For. Yes, it SUCKED). The memories usually leave me in a puddle of laughter, because I remember how awful the show was and how many inside jokes for my school's theater department resulted from it. To this day I cannot hear the phrase "There was blood everywhere" without wanting to giggle. Other than those vague Dame memories, though, I really don't know anything about this comic series. I think that if I had read the series I would have liked the movie better. For me, though, it was just long and gory. It looked fabulous, so after a while I just sort of watched the cinematography and stopped trying to figure out the story. I also really liked that Alexis Bledel's character kept trying to protect her Mom. Was I the only one that wanted Lauren Graham to make an appearance? It would have been to perfect. Saturday was work. Sunday I spent the day watching Felicity on dvd with my Mom. I now have to figure out which television series to put into my Netflix que... Felicity is almost done and I have no idea what to watch next. I'm thinking of something I can watch with GK as he's been tortured with Felicity for the last three months. Yesterday I worked and then we came here, to GK's house. We watched a couple episodes of Las Vegas on dvd (he has the first season) and then went to bed. Exciting, yes? Oh PS: Lean Cuisine Skillet Sensations Garlic Chicken and Pasta is SO YUMMY. Go buy some and eat it right now!