April 06, 2005

I want a new toyyyyyyy....

With all the time I'm spending at GK's house and all the time I spend waiting for GK to get off of work (which isn't really a huge or unreasonable amount of time by any means) it is getting harder and harder to talk myself out of buying a portable dvd player. Walmart has a niceish one for $147. I don't really have the excess fundage for it right now. I mean, I have the money in my bank account, but I don't really know if I can spare it with work hours being what they are (does anybody know of any freelance writing gigs available? I don't care what it's about, I just want to start WRITING dammit) I need to hoard my money as if the economy was about to crash....more. On the other hand, it would be a good investment:
  • I'd get more than my money's worth out of my Netflix: right now I'm paying the minimum for the three dvds at a time and it takes almost a month to go through the three dvds, at this rate Blockbuster is cheaper even with the gas it takes to drive there.
  • While I love reading, I can only read for so long before my brain just wants candy.
  • GK has a PS2 in his room, which does play dvds--however I will feel way more comfortable playing my mindless chick flicks (I'm going through a phase where my entertainment must be frivilous and soft hitting) if I can strap on the headphones and not get teased because he has to endure the noise from my movie also.
  • While sitting in the car after dark, waiting for GK to get off work (remember, I said the mall only has 15 stores and we're still keeping our datage on the down low just for gossip's sake), it would be FAR easier to watch a movie than try to read a book under the not so bright light of my book owl, and I wouldn't have to worry about draining the car battery by using the lap light.
  • I could use it to watch dvds while I'm on the computer at home and after everybody has gone to bed, without having to worry that I'm keeping the whole house awake.
  • I could use it on long car trips or long plane rides or any trip that involves a layover. I haven't been on one recently, but eventually I'll probably take a few.
  • When I bought my digital camera, I had less money in my bank account than I do now....but I also had more hours every week to build the account back up, so scratch that.
  • I really really really really want one.
What do you think? Cmon people give me some good reasons to NOT buy this thing! Of course by tomorrow you may be too late, but still! Help me be sensible!