April 04, 2005

Dear Whoever Is In Charge Of The Weather

Okay, um... I know that the rain is one of the reasons I really looked forward to moving back up here (who doesn't miss the rain when they live in a desert), but serioulsy oh Weather Gods, it's time to move it along. 1) It's been rainy for quite a while now and it's really mean that you give us a few days of a "false spring" when we pull out the warm weather wear, only to shove us back into freezing cold and wet just as we've acclimated to the spring-like temperatures. 2) I think most of us are tired of wearing layers. Okay, I'll probably still wear at least two because even in summer I stay at a pretty chilly temperature internally, but two is better than four or five right? 3) I'm starting to feel so claustrophobic that I have taken to leaving my bedroom window open at night and then burrowing under a down comforter just to have some fresh air on my face. Even the most aired out of rooms feels stuffy and suffocating to me now. 4) While I refuse to ever be caught wearing a pair of capris (short people and capris just do not mix), I did buy a few pairs of khaki pants right before I found out that my boss wouldn't care if I wore jeans to work, and I'd like to wear them at least enough to get my money's worth. Wearing Khaki pants in this weather would just be stupid. and finally, 5) Do you really want to give people an excuse to say "April showers bring May flowers"? Seriously.