March 20, 2005

Little Hints

My last boyfriend before GK, besides being a moron and so not worthy of the little time we lived together, thought that as a live in girlfriend it was my duty to do his laundry. The apartment complex we lived in did not furnish each unit with a washer or dryer, but had these awful laundry rooms. To wash was a dollar, to dry was usually five dollars (per load) because only two out of the six dryers actually worked, but you would never know which two until you had tried the other four non-working beasts. Said ex-bf took it for granted that I would happily wash his stuff and use my own money to do so. (Not that I would have washed his stuff with his money either). You'd think after being told "Piss Off Bug Face" the first time he'd get the picture. But nooooooooo.... we would go six rounds every week. I'd start to sort my stuff and take the first load out to the laundry room. He would then walk into the bedroom and go "Hey you didn't sort my stuff yet" all pouty-like. I would in no uncertain terms tell him that there was no way in hell that I was going to spend thirty bucks doing his laundry, that he could do it his damned self because I was not his maid, and then we'd argue about it for a good half an hour. Why I stayed there longer than two days, I am still trying to figure out. This went on weekly for two months. After two months I quit doing laundry every week and would unload bottles full of fabreeze on my stuff after each wearing until my clothes no longer needed to have me inside of them to move around. Gross, yes. Money saver? Also yes. Cut to this morning. I'm gathering up all of my clothes that I've tossed all over the bedroom. Some of it is probably clean, and is just "oh no wait, I don't want to wear that after all," kind of stuff, but as my Mom owns her washer and dryer and it doesn't eat quarters like they are free pizza, my new motto is "If it's on the floor, wash it." Anyway, I'm gathering up all of my stuff for sorting and without even thinking, I toss the small pile of clothes that GK has accumulated over the last week or so into the basket.....even underwear. Now here's the thing: I don't mind doing his laundry. I think I would have even felt bad if I had just left it there on the floor for him to wash. You know it's love when you don't mind washing the guy's boxers.